Key statistics - NSW Carers Register
- The number of Authorised Carers has slightly decreased since June 2019.
- 14% of Authorised Carers identify as Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander.
- 62% of Carers are Female and 38% are Male. 0.01% identifies as Gender X.
- 51% of Household members are over 18 years of age and require a WWCC.
- DCJ manages 48% of the households in the Carers Register. NGOs manage the other 52%.
*Data represents a snapshot at the end of the quarter indicated apart from Cancelled/Surrendered/Refused/Withdrawn data
which covers this quarter compared to last year's corresponding quarter only.
If you would like more information on the Carers Register, please email us on firstname.lastname@example.org
Carers Register this quarter
Statistics at 31 December 2020
Carers and applicants
Tables – applications
|Number of household applications
|Number of carer applicants
Carer applications refused or withdrawn
||October –December 2019
||October –December 2020
|Withdrawn – no concerns
|Withdrawn with concerns