We help protect the safety, health and wellbeing of children while they are employed in the entertainment industry.
What do employers need to do?
Phone: 02 8219 3797
Fax: 02 8219 3699
Check whether an organisation or individual has an authority
What we do
We administer the Children and Young Persons (Care and Protection) (Child Employment) Regulation 2015 and the Code of Practice.
The Regulation applies when you employ children:
- under 15 years of age in the entertainment and exhibition, still photography and door-to-door sales industries
- under 16 years of age for any type of modelling
- who are being paid either in money or material benefit.
It also applies to children who are not being paid when there is a mix of paid and unpaid children employed.
The children's employment team:
- Promotes the welfare of children employed in entertainment, exhibition, still photography and door-to-door sales.
- Assesses employer applications for authorities to employ children.
- Monitors employer compliance with the legislation.
- Consults with employers if specific safety and welfare issues are identified.
- Investigates complaints and alleged breaches of the legislation.
- Educates the industry about children’s employment.
- Encourages child safe environments.