• Decrease font size
  • Increase font size
  • Print Page
  • Print to PDF

Working With Children Check FAQ

Can't find the question you are looking for? Send us your question here. Or phone us on (02) 8219 3777.

Top questions about the NSW Working With Children Check

01. Do I need a Working With Children Check?

02. How do I get a Working With Children Check?

03. What proof of identity documents do I need to provide?

04. How much does it cost?

05. How do I apply if I do not live in NSW (interstate and overseas applicants)?

06. Should I apply for a paid or volunteer Working With Children Check?

07. I have lost my WWC number, how do I find it?

08. Do I get a certificate or a card?

09. How do I change from Volunteer WWC number to Paid WWC number?

10. How long is the Working With Children Check valid for?

11. I have worked with my employer for many years, and cannot find my WWC number. What can I do?

12. How long will it take for me to get my WWC number?

13. My employer told me to re-apply for a Working With Children Check, but I already have WWC number. What should I do?

14. I have applied twice for a paid WWC number, can I get a refund?

15. When do I renew my WWC number?

16. How do I register as a child-related “employer”?

17. How do I verify a WWC or APP number?

18. If a person’s Working With Children Check status changes, will the employer get notified?

19. What is the difference between a Working With Children Check and a National Police Check?