Working With Children Check
Note: The Children’s Guardian has extended all WWCC clearances that were due to expire from 26 March 2020 to 26 September 2020 for a further six months. The six-month period applies from the date of the person’s current expiry date. Further extensions may be applied should they be needed. COVID response news item
- Use the information on these pages to see if you, your employees or volunteers need a Check.
- Remember the Working With Children Check is different from a Police Check and is required for people who work with children in NSW.
- The Check lasts for five years even if you move jobs.
Get the Service NSW app
I'm an applicant
- Confirm you need a Check then Apply below.
- You must keep your contact details up to date
- Your Check lasts five years – renew before you’re due
- Your Check can move job with you – just tell your new employer your number
- Change from a Volunteer to a Paid Worker choose "Update my details" below
- No refunds – be sure you need it before you apply.
Apply for your check
Renew your WWC number
I'm an employer
- All organisations that have people who work or volunteer in child-related services are called ‘employers’.
- Verify workers’ and volunteers’ Working With Children Checks or Application numbers online - this creates a link between the worker/volunteer, employer and our continuous monitoring system.
- Do not use third parties to verify – it must be the direct employer
Register Log in and verify
The result of a Working With Children Check is either a clearance to work with children for five years, or a bar against working with children. Cleared applicants are subject to ongoing monitoring and relevant new records may lead to the clearance being revoked.