Working With Children Check
Working With Children Check maintenance alert
Due to planned maintenance, Working With Children Check online forms and processes will be unavailable from 7:30pm Saturday 19 to 7am Monday 21 September 2020.
Our apologies for the inconvenience.
Note: The Children’s Guardian has extended all WWCC clearances that were due to expire from 26 March 2020 to 26 September 2020 for a further six months. The six-month period applies from the date of the person’s current expiry date. COVID response news item
- Use the information on these pages to see if you, your employees or volunteers need a Check.
- Remember the Working With Children Check is different from a Police Check and is required for people who work with children in NSW.
- The Check lasts for five years even if you move jobs.
Get the Service NSW app
I'm an applicant
- Confirm you need a Check then Apply below.
- You must keep your contact details up to date
- Your Check lasts five years – renew before you’re due
- Your Check can move job with you – just tell your new employer your number
- Change from a Volunteer to a Paid Worker choose "Update my details" below
- No refunds – be sure you need it before you apply.
Apply for your check
Renew your WWC number
I'm an employer
- All organisations that have people who work or volunteer in child-related services are called ‘employers’.
- Verify workers’ and volunteers’ Working With Children Checks or Application numbers online - this creates a link between the worker/volunteer, employer and our continuous monitoring system.
- Do not use third parties to verify – it must be the direct employer
Register Log in and verify
The result of a Working With Children Check is either a clearance to work with children for five years, or a bar against working with children. Cleared applicants are subject to ongoing monitoring and relevant new records may lead to the clearance being revoked.
Please help us improve your experience by taking 5 minutes to do our survey
Take the survey