Expressions of interest are invited from professionals such as Child Protection Specialists, Forensic Psychologists, Criminologists, Mental Health Specialists, Cyber Crime Specialists, Children's Law Specialists and others with relevant expertise for an expert advisory panel being constituted by the NSW Children's Guardian.
The expert panel will assist the Children's Guardian with her risk assessment functions in relation to administering the Working with Children Check scheme in NSW under the Child Protection (Working with Children) Act 2012. The scheme is a mechanism focused on protecting children from adults who have access to them through their work by excluding those who pose a risk to children from working with children. The Children's Guardian may make advice provided by the expert panel available to the NSW Civil and Administrative Decisions Tribunal which reviews the decisions of the Children's Guardian on appeal.
The Children's Guardian will draw on panel members, individually or collectively based on their expertise, to provide expert advice on a sessional basis, on matters such as:
- research of relevance to assessing and predicting risk to children
- the impact on children of certain conduct
- assessing risk of reoffending and protective factors associated with violent and sex offending
- juvenile offending, domestic violence, and internet offending
- assessing risk to children associated with offenders with substance abuse, mental health or disabilities
- the effectiveness of treatment options on offenders
- access and equity, safety and cultural issues associated with Indigenous communities.
Expressions of interest should include:
- Covering letter setting out areas of expertise and how the particular expertise will assist the
- Working With Children Check scheme
- Curriculum Vitae, including memberships of professional bodies or associations
- Names, positions and contact details of at least two professional referees who are familiar with your services and skills over the past 5 years
- Fee schedule or hourly rate that would apply, including GST.
The appointment will be for a period of two years renewable for a further term.
The closing date for applications has been extended to allow for interested parties to respond.
For further information contact Kerryn Boland, Children's Guardian on (02) 8219 3602 or email firstname.lastname@example.org