Vision and purpose
We create safe places for children.
We promote and regulate the quality of child safe organisations services and people.
In fulfilling our purpose we will:
- Keep the wellbeing and safety of children and young people at the heart of all our efforts
- Be a source of authority on quality in child safe practices, in out of home care and worker screening
- Cultivate the relationships between child safe practices across settings, particularly when children are in alternate care settings and monitor the suitability of the workers who support them
- Draw together expertise from across child-related sectors to promote evidence based practice, through integration and analysis of information in the Office of the Children’s Guardian
- Educate the NSW community about the importance of child safe organisations and the role of the Children’s Guardian
Download or view the full Vision and purpose statement. (PDF 104.4KB)