Final phase-in group begins for Working With Children Check
Monday 3 April 2017
The final sectors in child-related work in NSW are now being phased in to the Working With Children Check.
Volunteers and existing paid workers in child-related work in the remaining health and education sectors are now encouraged to apply for a Working With Children Check and must be compliant by 31 March 2018.
These groups are
- Children’s health services – all remaining Local Health Districts
- The Sydney Children’s Hospitals Network (Randwick and Westmead)
- Justice Health and Forensic Mental Health Network
- Ambulance Service of NSW
- Children’s Health – remaining services
- Early education and child care
- Education – all remaining services
- Education and care service – approved provider, manager or certified supervisor
Employers in these sector groups must ensure existing employees and volunteers in child-related work have applied for a Working With Children Check before 31 March, and employers must then verify their application (APP) or clearance (WWC) number online.
Gaining a Working With Children Check is a simple, three-step process: 1. Apply online 2. Go to a Service NSW Centre 3. We notify you by email once the Check is completed. In NSW, there is no card or certificate, as employers must verify clearances online.
More information at: www.kidsguardian.nsw.gov.au/check