Community invited to have their say on Working With Children Check
3 May 2017
The statutory five-year review of the NSW Working with Children Check (WWCC) begins today.
The review is being conducted by the Office of the Children’s Guardian on behalf of the NSW Government to ensure the WWCC properly reflects expectations in relation to children’s safety.
There are no final positions in the Discussion Paper. It contains a series of focus questions to help guide submissions:
- Does the WWCC scheme target the right people?
- Does the WWCC scheme collect the most appropriate information?
- Does the WWCC scheme operate effectively?
- Does the WWCC provide sufficient review opportunities?
- Does the WWCC scheme encourage compliance?
- What could strengthen an organisation’s understanding of the role of the WWCC in keeping an organisation child safe?
Readers are also invited to make any other comments of relevance, in any format preferred.
For more information about the Working With Children Check legislative review, visit www.nsw.gov.au/wwcc
See Minister Pru Goward's media release. (PDF 55.2KB)