Contact us

Paid workers

Do you need a Check?

If you are in child-related work you are required to have a Working With Children Check. To find out whether your work qualifies as child-related, see Who needs the check? 

When to apply

If you are starting a new paid job in child-related work, you must apply for a Check before you start work – this also applies to self-employed people.

If you are currently employed in paid, child-related work, you do not need to apply until your industry sector is phased in. Refer to the phase-in schedule (PDF 71.8KB) for details.

How to apply

If you are in paid work, you must apply for a Check for paid workers. A volunteer Check is not valid for paid work.

Getting the results

Find out more about the application process and when to expect your Check results.

Your information

During verification, your employer can only see your Check status. No information regarding your criminal or work history will be shared.


© Copyright Crown in right of the State of New South Wales

Powered by elcomCMS